Jeremy Brett Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number 10 !!

2 posters

Go down

Number 10 !! Empty Number 10 !!

Post  Wirral Bagpuss Sun May 02, 2010 7:00 am

I thought it would be fun to watch this especially as it is election time here in the UK !!! Laughing I have never seen this before and i enjoyed it. Jeremy was really good. I enjoy seeing him playing other roles, and i was struck once again at how verstile an actor he was. He certaintly commanded in Bloodline. I had to smile at how he used his body to express emotions, ie a swift flick of his hand in dismissing someone, which conveyed emotion and authority. My favourite bit has to be the scene in which Pitt the Younger is with his father. He did not wear the grey wig, and you get to see how young Jeremy was !! Laughing Oh and an unexpected surprise...i was surprised to see Alf Ventress in action !! Shocked Fans of Heartbeat will recognise him as the easy going laid back policeman who tries to do as little as possible Sleep !!!! It was a revealtion to see that he had worked with Jeremy !! Surprised

I will watch the other epsiodes of course, but i did enjoy this. Only one or two things about the DVD itself. Despite the restoration by ITV, the sound quality was not that brilliant, so i had to turn up the volume in order to hear Jeremy speak. The other thing was people have said to me the scene of Jeremy riding on a horse in the epsiode had been cut. i can confirm it has !! Evil or Very Mad How could they do that !!! Mad !!!

Other than that it was an enjoyable Sunday afternoon treat !! bounce
Wirral Bagpuss
Wirral Bagpuss

Back to top Go down

Number 10 !! Empty Re: Number 10 !!

Post  Fagin Wed May 05, 2010 2:52 am

Regarding the cut scenes of Jeremy riding his horse, it is the same story as releasing (or not) "Florence Nightingale" in the UK on DVD... Licensing problems, etc.

As to sound by ITV! Don't get me going on that! My SH box set that I got last year is supposedly Dolby Digital, but it is actually Dolby Stereo. We have a sound system that automatically defaults on to Dolby Digital when the sound is in that format, and when I watch my DVDs of Holmes it doesn't. However, when I put the sound on to "Stereo" it sounds perfect!

Yes William Simons (Alf Ventress) has acted with many prominent actors.
Fagin
Fagin

http://www.myspace.com/sbkforum

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum