Jeremy Brett Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing In The Moonlight

2 posters

Go down

Dancing In The Moonlight Empty Dancing In The Moonlight

Post  Wirral Bagpuss Sun May 23, 2010 3:42 am

I hope this is the right place to post. I was somewhat pleasantly surprised 3 weeks ago to stumble across a sudden availability of this book on the Waterstones bookshop website. Taking a double take i checked and thought wow ! As you know this book is usually out of print and sells like hot cakes on e bay and Amazon etc. So not to miss an opportunity i snapped one up pronto, and i only paid £15 for it as opposed to the minimum selling price of £60 elsewhere. And my surprise further increased when it arrived in mint condition. Brand new. Not second hand !

My question is this..why were Waterstones able to get mint condition copies of an out of print book? Not that i am complaining mind you. Waterstones link here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My only theory is that they must have found a boxful of them. As you can see they are long since sold out now. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get my paws on a copy for £15 ! Laughing
Wirral Bagpuss
Wirral Bagpuss

Back to top Go down

Dancing In The Moonlight Empty Re: Dancing In The Moonlight

Post  Fagin Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 am

Wirral Bagpuss wrote: As you know this book is usually out of print and sells like hot cakes on e bay and Amazon etc.

It is either out of print or it isn't... Exclamation It sells on Ebay and Amazon like hot cakes because from time to time, available copies pop up... the same goes for Waterstones. The fact that it is usually extremely expensive indicates either an out of print status, extreme rarety whilst still being in print, or something special...

Wirral Bagpuss wrote:My question is this..why were Waterstones able to get mint condition copies of an out of print book?

They could be end-of-line copies.
Fagin
Fagin

http://www.myspace.com/sbkforum

Back to top Go down

Post  Wirral Bagpuss Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Thank you for that. I learnt somethign new today ! Wink
Wirral Bagpuss
Wirral Bagpuss

Back to top Go down