Jeremy Brett Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading The Canon !!

4 posters

Go down

Reading The Canon !! Empty Reading The Canon !!

Post  Wirral Bagpuss Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I have read and heard many stories of Jeremy having read the entire canon of Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. I was wondering if anyone here has read the canon? I cant claim to have read all of the stories, but i have read quite a bit of the canon myself. First started reading it when i was just a young child of 12 !! And i keep comming back to it. At the moment i am re reading A Study In Scarlet. Wink
Wirral Bagpuss
Wirral Bagpuss

Back to top Go down

Reading The Canon !! Empty Re: Reading The Canon !!

Post  med_cat Wed May 05, 2010 9:26 am

Read all of them--in Russian and then in English...more than once Wink

med_cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitty Winter Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 pm

I am a massivly obsessed Sherlockian - in fact, that's how I discovered Jeremy Brett, through his portrayl of Holmes. I still maintain that he is the best Holmes there ever was or ever will be.

I've read all the stories and like to dip into them often - they're a sort of comfort blanket for me, much like watching the Granada TV version! A friend of mine recently bought me an enormous, hard-back edition of the entire collection, complete with original Strand illustrations. I have a pretty awesome friend... Smile

I can't compete with having read them all in another language, though!
Kitty Winter
Kitty Winter

http://www.kittywinter.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fagin Wed May 05, 2010 3:25 pm

Kitty Winter wrote:I am a massivly obsessed Sherlockian - in fact, that's how I discovered Jeremy Brett, through his portrayl of Holmes.

I think that is how most people discovered JB, if they are truthful. It is certainly true for me. Not many actors have me transfixed to the screen, but Jeremy does. So that's a good sign!

Kitty Winter wrote: A friend of mine recently bought me an enormous, hard-back edition of the entire collection, complete with original Strand illustrations.

That must be some book. Lovely! Cool
Fagin
Fagin

http://www.myspace.com/sbkforum

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitty Winter Wed May 05, 2010 3:32 pm

I was only 9-years-old when he died, so I didn't really have the opportunity of coming across him in other acting roles. Which is a shame, because he was so talented and I would have loved to have known about him at the time rather than several years later - I should have been born earlier! Razz

I know what you mean about being transfixed, I can't take my eyes off him when he plays Holmes - it's all the small, subtle, barely noticeable quirks and mannerisms that he does.
Kitty Winter
Kitty Winter

http://www.kittywinter.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  med_cat Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Kitty Winter wrote:I am a massivly obsessed Sherlockian - in fact, that's how I discovered Jeremy Brett, through his portrayl of Holmes. I still maintain that he is the best Holmes there ever was or ever will be.

I've read all the stories and like to dip into them often - they're a sort of comfort blanket for me, much like watching the Granada TV version! A friend of mine recently bought me an enormous, hard-back edition of the entire collection, complete with original Strand illustrations. I have a pretty awesome friend... Smile

I can't compete with having read them all in another language, though!

Well, I grew up in Russia--and Sherlock Holmes is quite popular there--so naturally, I read the stories in Russian...then read them in English after I moved to the US Smile

med_cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Fagin Fri May 21, 2010 7:02 am

Kitty Winter wrote: I can't take my eyes off him when he plays Holmes -

Oh I know... and I hate it when people talk over it too! Embarassed
Fagin
Fagin

http://www.myspace.com/sbkforum

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum